In this post, you’ll find the comparison between the three best Wi-Fi thermostats that are Sensi vs. Lux vs. Honeywell Wi-Fi thermostat. These thermostats are the perfect comfort solution for you. Sit back, relax, and monitor/control your home’s heating and cooling system. These smart thermostats are the best you can find in today’s market.
And if you want to check out other home gadgets, make sure you also check out our post on WIFI sprinkler controllers.
Also if you want to automate your whole home, you can check out the Zigbee and Z-Wave. Which is the future of all homes.
Okay now, with the best WiFi thermostats.
Why it’s the best?
Honeywell has advanced features like “Learning”, that is, the system will learn your heating and cooling habits and will adjust accordingly which makes this a unique thermostat, different from others.
It is able to monitor indoor and outdoor temperature, which is shown on its screen. Most thermostats that we tested don’t have this feature.
This product differs from the rest by being able to monitor indoor and outdoor humidity, which can also be seen on its screen.
It has a special feature unlike other thermostats called the “Smart Response”, which alerts you of coming cold fronts or heatwaves and using the outdoor temperature to ensure extreme indoor temperatures are never achieved.
All these unique features make Honeywell the best on the market. Although these are just simply a few lines, they summarize a month’s work.
Compared to Sensi vs Honeywell wifi thermostat, Honeywell is more powerful than Sensi and in fact, works best as compared to other thermostats. Thus, this is our top choice. Below, is a brief detailing about this product.
Why do we like it?
Honeywell smart thermostat has a customizable touchscreen in full color with easy to read numbers and text, it allows you to check indoor and outdoor humidity and temperature levels.
It has flexible programming options through which you can set schedules and timers and control your heating and cooling system through the touchscreen tablet or your phone using their free app.
This thermostat automatically sends you alerts such as air filter change reminders, humidifier pad replacement reminders, high/ low-temperature warnings, and status of internet connection.
Honeywell thermostat is energy star certified and its installation takes only about 15 to 30 minutes.
What’s in the box?
- Wall plate.
- Screws and anchors.
- Quick Start Guide.
- Thermostat ID Card.
- Wire labels.
- User Guide.
- User manual.
Who is it for?
This is a great product to keep for your home or business place. Its advanced features and alerts will always keep you updated and also learn your cooling and heating habits and automatically do it for you whether you’re home or away.
With this product, you’ll make your life easy and convenient.
Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of this thermostat.
- Energy-star certified.
- Includes a wall plate, screws and anchors, wire labels, quick start guide, user manual, thermostat ID card, and a warranty.
- It allows you to check indoor and outdoor humidity and temperature levels.
- Set schedules and timers.
- Advanced features like “Learning” and “Smart Response”.
- Automatically sends you alerts.
- Installation in only 15 to 30 minutes.
- Free mobile app to remotely control.
- It requires a C wire. (Sold separately)
- Does not work with heat pumps with electric baseboard heat (120-240 volts).
Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
Emerson Sensi Touch is a programmable smart thermostat that you can connect with your home Wi-Fi to control it from anywhere, either your home or on the go, using the Sensi app.
Why it’s not the best?
Well, there are two things, which made us put this one at the 2nd place.
1- It is more expensive than Honeywell.
2- In comparison with Sensi vs Honeywell thermostat, Sensi requires 1 non-standard battery to be used, whereas, Honeywell does not require batteries.
But, it’s still awesome and here’s why
- This product is compatible with most assistants such as it integrates with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant and Wink smart home platforms, unlike other thermostats.
- Compared to the rest of the thermostats, Emerson Sensi pays a lot of attention on saving your money from HVAC-related energy costs, unlike other thermostats, by having features like geofencing.
Sensi Touch is known for its ease of use and comes with the perfect features and functionality that adjusts your home’s indoor temperatures to your exact preference.
Emerson Sensi touch thermostat easily connects to your home Wi-Fi and puts the comfort control at your fingertips whether you are at home or away.
You can either use its touchscreen display or their free mobile app which lets you remotely access, program or change your home temperature settings, whenever you want.
We adore this Wi-Fi thermostat because it has thoughtful design features like its large blue lighted display shows intuitive menus, easy to read indoor temperatures and humidity levels, smart alerts and has a back glow.
Sensi has a precision temperature control with a +/- 1-degree accuracy.
You can set a 7-day schedule which helps in reducing energy costs. Scheduling allows you to alter heating and cooling throughout the day, so you never waste energy when you’re not home. It offers a 3-year warranty.
Compatibility with others
- Conventional – up to two stages of heating and two stages of cooling (2H/2C).
- Heat Only and Cool Only.
- Heat Pump (With or Without Aux) – up to four stages of heating and two stages of cooling (4H/2C).
- Gas, Oil, Electric.
- Geothermal and Dual-fuel.
And here’s what you get in the box
- Installation Manual.
So to sum this product up, let’s look at the good and bad about it.
- 3 years warranty.
- Precision temperature control.
- Compatible with conventional, heat and cool only, heat pump, gas oil, electric, geothermal and dual fuel systems.
- Large blue lighted display.
- Easy to read indoor temperatures and humidity levels.
- Back glow.
- Smart alerts.
- 7-day scheduling.
- Features to save energy cost.
- Not compatible with line voltage or electric baseboard heating.
- C wire required with all system types. (Sold separately)
- Does not have an air filter change reminder.
Lux Products TX9600TS
Although Honeywell is our top choice, we have another runner-up as well which works great and comes in with a warranty.
If you’re looking to upgrade your home’s heating and cooling systems, then Lux thermostat is for you. Its simplicity makes it convenient to use and understand by all aged family members.
Also, you can change the thermostat settings from automatic to manual, giving you full control at your fingertips.
Lux thermostat has multi-stage heating and up to 2-4 user-selectable periods per day.
It has a lockout feature that helps you protect your thermostat settings and anyone who wants to open it requires a 4 digit password code to do so.
This thermostat has a large size display touchscreen which is easy to operate. It also lets you monitor energy usage.
Compared to Lux vs Honeywell thermostat, Lux has unique features such as programmable air filter life timer and Adjustable temperature differential (swing). It offers a 3-year warranty.
What do you get in the box?
- Installation Manual.
- User Guide.
- User Manual.
The good and the bad summary
- 3-year warranty.
- Adjustable temperature differential (swing).
- Programmable air filter life timer.
- Large size display touchscreen.
- Multi-stage heating.
- 2-4 user-selectable periods per day.
- Lockout Feature.
- It helps you monitor energy usage.
- It does not have Wi-Fi functionality.
- Works on only one stage of cooling but two-stage of heating.
Below, is a smart thermostat comparison chart to summarize the details about the top 3 thermostats.
We hope this Honeywell vs. Sensi vs. Lux comparison table has been useful to you and helps you in deciding which among these top 3 products has the right features for you to buy one of them.