Elfinbook is a valuable choice as compared to the other digital notebooks, but according to our research regarding Elfinbook vs Rocketbook Everlast, Rocketbook has won the game because of some additional features. Elfinbook is also a great choice offering many splendid advantages. It offers almost all the features that are available in Rocketbook smart notebook, but its software makes it lose some points in the race.
As the page quality of both digital notebooks is the same, but the price of Elfinbook is high as compared to Rocketbook, it makes Rocketbook an affordable choice too. Those, you want to have a trendy and remarkable smart notebook on a budget, we recommend to consider Rocketbook Everlast.
With our research and personal experience, we have provided the clearest and unbiased analysis of Elfinbook 2.0 vs Rocketbook Everlast. Now the choice is all yours. Invest wisely and add some thrill to the ordinary notes taking method.
A smart notebook, like a bunch of these, is the best way to write notes online. If you are habitual of taking a lot of notes, then you must have an interest in Rocketbook vs Elfinbook.
These two are the most popular and talked about smart notebooks among the traditional note writers. However, everyone wants to know what is the best smart notebook.
Why Is Rocketbook Everlast the Best Choice?
You must be curious what makes Rocketbook Everlast the ultimate and the best pick.
Here are the reasons:
- The binding of Rocketbook is smoother as compared to Elfinbook. Rocketbook has spiralbound and pages flip easily, whereas Elfinbook uses plastic rings for the binding of pages.
- A great blend of synthetic elements has been used in the manufacturing of the paper of this smart notebook that is completely water repellent and is quite difficult to tear the pages apart.
- The app integration of Rocketbook is convenient and the user-friendly features always serve as a winning point for the notebook over Elfinbook.
Elfinbook (Our Second Choice)
When it comes to Rocketbook vs Elfinbook, Elfinbook is the second runner up.
Being the second choice doesn’t mean that it is not a good option; it is still a great choice to pick among other smart notebooks.
Here are the reasons why Elfinbook is the 2nd Best choice to make:
- The software of Elfinbook is not very smooth and it usually has connection issues.
- As compared to Rocketbook, Elfinbook is pricier.
- Another thing that makes it the second-best choice is the lack of design of the penholder.
What Makes Elfinbook Still Worthy?
While comparing RocketBook and Elfinbook, it is quite challenging to pick one as both are outstanding on their own. However, Elfinbook lacks some of the features that make it the second choice. Still, it is one of the best choices when it comes to the best smart notebook, and here are the reasons why:
- A cool feature of Elfinbook is that half of the pages of this smart notebook are dotted and the other half is blank.
- When it comes to the pages of this smart notebook, they are very smooth and nice. The pages offer a silky-smooth feeling when you write something on them or draw something.
- Another fascinating feature to mention about this smart notebook is that you can conveniently reschedule the pages according to your preference.
Rocketbook Everlast (The Ultimate Winner)
Rocketbook Everlast is the ultimate winner in Elfinbook vs Rocketbook Everlast and we would recommend people to try this notebook too. Those days are far gone when the traditional notebooks were the preferences of people. Today is the era of technology and digital notebooks have revolutionized the lives of people and have made it convenient for them to keep track of all of their notes.
- One thing that makes this smart notebook best is that it is reusable. The ink sticks to the page after 15 seconds, but all you need to clean the entire page is just a single drop of water. Once the page becomes fully dry, it is good to use all over again.
- The app integration of this smart notebook also makes it quite easy and hassle-free to turn the notes written by hand into digital ones so that you can have them forever. Whenever you research for Rocketbook review on the internet, you will always find positive feedback.
- The pages of this smart notebook are made from the premium quality materials and you cannot tear the pages of this smart notebook. This feature makes users love the composition and design, making it the best smart notebook to grab.
- With this digital notebook, you will also get a set of 8 pens which are specially designed for it. These pens are different in colors and the entire set of 8 pens will cost you just around only $8. With these colorful and adorable pens, you can make your notes look more appealing and interesting.
- As we have mentioned above that there are both blank and dotted pages in this smart notebook. There is also an app of this smart notebook that acts like a scanner only for the dotted pages. It is quite easy to know how to email, scan or turn the handwritten notes into the digital ones with this digital notebook because a proper manual is provided with it. In the manual, everything is explained thoroughly and after reading it, you will not find it tough to handle as it is quite user-friendly.
- The pages of Rocketbook are very smooth and gleaming, making them stand out in Elfinbook 2.0 vs Rocketbook Everlast. With a perfectly smooth experience and the trendy outlook, you will feel that you have invested your money well. The page quality of the notebook is obvious by the vibrant colors of the pages.
- The scanner app of this digital notebook is quite impressive. The quality of the picture is good and when you read the Rocketbook review, you will come to the result that it is a far better option available in the market at an affordable price.
- While you are comparing Elfinbook vs Rocketbook everlast, you will come to know that the former doesn’t come with a napkin that is designed especially for the notebook. Whereas, Rocketbook Everlast digital notebook is available with a microfiber cloth. A napkin that is designed particularly for the smart notebook is essential because the material of other napkins can damage the page. So, the addition of the quality napkin further adds in the popularity of this notebook, making it one of the top choices.
What Do You Get with Rocketbook?
When you buy the Rocketbook notebook, you get the following things along:
- Rocketbook Everlast Notebook
- Microfiber Towel
Pros & Cons.
- Appealing design
- High-quality pages
- Water-resistant pages
- The colors on the pages show amazingly and vibrantly
- Easy to use software
- Seamless and great app integration
- The scanner app of this notebook is quite awesome and impressive
- The pages come with the microwave erasing property
- There is also a microfiber cloth with this notebook for erasing everything from the pages
- The ink takes 15 seconds to stick with the page of the notebook. So, you will have to wait for 15 seconds to start writing on the next page. It only takes 15 seconds to dry the ink completely, so it is not a big issue.
Elfinbook (Detailed Review)
Elfinbook is one of the great choices when it comes to digital notebooks and here is complete Elfinbook review. It is an erasable as well as a reusable notebook that offers reliable services to keep a permanent record of your notes. In addition to that, it allows you to transfer your notes into the cloud with the Elfinbook app.
- It contains fine-grain papers ensuring a smooth writing experience and it also allows you to clean the pages easily. You can erase the papers easily by using just a damp cloth or you have other options too like microwave or hairdryer.
- You can use these pages to do anything you desire to do, making it an amazing choice to express your creativity. Many people are a fan of bullet journaling and to do it digitally you can opt for Elfinbook.
- Unlike other digital notebooks, it is quite easy to disassemble Elfinbook. You can take out the pages from this notebook easily and then arrange them according to your scanning preferences. After doing so, you can again put the pages back in the pattern. With this digital notebook, you get one lined page and one blank page per sheet. This feature is useful for sketching as well as writing.
- While using this notebook, you will get an entirely different as well as pleasant experience as compared to other normal pages. Once you get used to it, you will never prefer to use your ordinary notebook. As Elfinbook is costly, you are paying the extra money and it will be worth it regarding the splendid writing experience.
- While talking about writing utensils, Elfinbook shows the best performance with Pilot FriXion pens and it is not recommended to use any other pen with this notebook. You can erase and reuse this notebook 500 times and this is one of the fantastic things in Elfinbook review.
- While taking notes in class if you have mentioned things abruptly, you can put them in sequence afterward. Similarly, people who have different projects or meetings to handle might have written things randomly in a different manner. Using this notebook, they can arrange them back in sequence afterward.
- By using Elfinbook app, you will no longer be wasting paper for the casual drawing tasks or random writing as this notebook is reusable so you can use its pages again and again after erasing. With this notebook, you can keep high efficiency in the organization and taking of notes.
- Rocketbook has water-resistant pages
- It offers cloud backup
- Spiralbound smooth binding
- It has both blank as well as dot grid pattern pages
- The pages of this notebook are reusable
- You can simply erase everything written on the pages by microwaving.
- It comes with Email Integration, Google Docs and Evernote
What Do You Get with Elfinbook?
In the box of Elfinbook, there are three things when you purchase it:
- Elfinbook Smart Notebook
- Pen Holder
However, you can purchase more pens with it if you want to.
Drawbacks of Elfinbook
Now you must be wondering that with so many wonderful features of how Elfinbook is still the second choice. Rocketbook vs Elfinbook is a tough competition and its quite tricky to choose the best one among them because both have their own marvelous features. However, we have chosen Rocketbook over Elfinbook due to some minor issues regarding the use of the Elfinbook digital notebook.
- Connecting this notebook can be a little tough and the software also lacks clearer instructions. The software of this smart notebook lacks a bit of efficiency, which is the downfall of this gadget. While comparing its review with the Rocketbook review, you will see that the app of Rocketbook is smoother and more streamlined.
- With such a good competitor by its side that is Rocketbook, Elfinbook should have given reasonable and affordable price or at least the same price as offered by Rocketbook Everlast.
- If you go through the Elfinbook review by the users, you will get to know that most of the people are complaining that the penholder design is a bit of annoying to deal with. According to the users of this smart notebook, the company needs to update the penholder’s design or remove it so that users can use the smart notebook more comfortably.
- The app of Elfinbook is slower in detecting pages as compared to Rocketbook. Also, the app lacks certain features.
Pros. & Cons.
- The pages of the notebook can be managed according to preferences
- To erase everything from the page, you can simply microwave it
- The gold logo of the smart notebook offers a classy look
- Pages are water-resistant
- The spiral of the smart notebook is of poor quality and hard
- It is expensive as compared to Rocketbook
- The design of penholder makes it difficult to handle
- Software connection problems.
Rocketbook vs Elfinbook – A Detailed Comparison
We are living in digital work and how wonderful it will be to have access to our notes digitally too. That is why we are providing a detailed insight into Rocketbook vs Elfinbook. By using these smart notebooks, you will not have to worry if you lose the handwritten notes as these smart notebooks will get you covered all the time with the backup.
Pilot FriXion Pens
Pilot FriXion pens are inexpensive. Check them here. They are available in a variety of colors and they write just like the gel pens. They are perfect to use for the smart notebooks. However, you can also use them on regular papers. Elfinbook and Rocketbook both work well with Pilot FriXion pens and one is included in the box of each. With Elfinbook you will get a 0.5mm pen and with Rocketbook you get 0.7mm pen.
Also check out our post on best smart pens here.
The Material of the Page
Elfinbook and Rocketbook both are the best smart notebook and supreme quality materials have been used in the manufacturing of their papers. But the pages of Elfinbook are a bit better as compared to Rocketbook. The pages of Elfinbook are smooth to use and they feel less like plastic. On the other hand, the pages of Rocketbook offer a glossier feel.
Pens glide smoothly on the pages of both smart notebooks. The gel ink also sticks to the pages quite well without any gaps and with consistent thickness. However, the drying time of the ink on pages is less when you are using Elfinbook. It will take almost 10 seconds for the ink to dry and with Rocketbook it takes 15 seconds for the ink to dry completely.
The reason is that a finer tip pen takes less time to dry. As Elfinbook uses a 0.5mm pen, so it’s drying time is less and Rocketbook uses a 0.7mm pen.
The binding of Rocketbook is spiral bound and the pages are convenient to flip. Elfinbook uses plastic rings for the binding of the pages. The problem with this binding is that sometimes, it unsnaps or the pages might get stuck while flipping. There is an advantage of this binding too; it allows you to move pages in the notebook around where you want to.
Rocketbook has an innovative and much better software when it comes to Elfinbook vs Rocketbook everlast.
Open the app of Rocketbook, take a picture of your notes and then select where you want your notes to go. It is a simple process by which you can send or save the pictures of your notes at various places at the safe time so that there is no worry of losing your precious notes.
If you are using the Rocketbook app, you can send your notes to Evernote, iMessage, Email, Trello, OneNote, Slack Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, Google Photos and OneDrive.
Elfinbook also supports most of these except Google Photos. It causes issues while sending notes to more than one place. When you are using Elfinbook, you will see that the app first saves a file to the phone. Later you will have to select the notes, the place where you want to send them and then press OK.
It means that sending notes via email and Google Drive will make you go through the whole process twice. While reading the Elfinbook review, you will see that most of the users are dissatisfied with the app. The app of Rocketbook is more streamlined as well as efficient.
However, both of these smart notebooks convert your notes to text that you can edit conveniently using Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
Size of the Notebook
The most significant advantage of both of these smart notebooks is that you will need just one notebook and there will be no need to stack a number of notebooks for different purposes.
Rocketbook provides a wide variety of sizes in notebooks ranging from size Mini to a full letter-sized model. The number of pages of these notebooks is as follows:
- Rocketbook Everlast / Wave Letter = 32 Pages
- Rocketbook Everlast Mini = 48 Pages
- Rocketbook Everlast / Wave Executive = 36 Pages
- Elfinbook B5 = 60 Pages
- Elfinbook A5 = 100 Pages
Plain Pages vs Dotted Pages
The Elfinbook have ruled lines on the pages. These pages can be used only for text and people might prefer it more. However, the people who do a lot of drawing will prefer Rocketbook because it contains a grid of small grey dots on the pages. The dots are beneficial and help you, not only in writing but also in drawing. The grid on the pages of this notebook is quite useful for making scale drawings.
In Elfinbook 2.0 vs Rocketbook Everlast, you can erase the pages effectively wiping them with a damp cloth. It is the simplest and the most effective way to erase the pages and reuse them. Along with that, both of these notebooks allow the users to erase everything written on the pages by using a microwave. But that’s highly not recommended.
When you are using Rocketbook Wave notebook, you can erase the pages using microwave just for five times and afterward they start to wear out. Sometimes its pages also start to stick together after microwaving. To avoid sticking of the pages, you can use a hairdryer instead of the microwave but wiping with a cloth is still the easier option.
Why is Rocketbook Everlast amazing?
After our detailed analysis of Rocketbook vs Elfinbook, Rocketbook Everlast has been the ultimate winner. There are several reasons for this.
Gone are the days when a traditional notebook was our go-to. The digital notebook innovation has been revolutionary and has made it easier for people to keep a track of all their notes.
- The pages of Rocketbook Everlast are glossy and super smooth which makes them really different. It gives you the perfect unique outlook and feels which is needed after spending a good amount on a technological notebook. Also, the colors on this page are extremely good and vibrant which showcases the fact that the page quality is superb.
- You can easily get a set of 8 pens which are compatible with this notebook. These are different in colors and the entire set will cost you around $8 only. You can get that pack too and turn your notes into amazing ones.
- The best part about Rocketbook Everlast is that it comes with a microfiber cloth. If you compare the Elfinbookvs Rocketbook Everlast, you will see that Elfinbook doesn’t come with a napkin that is designed for the notebook. This is not really great because the quality of other napkins might damage the page and you are never really sure about it. Thus, we simply love the idea of getting a good quality napkin along with the Rocketbook Everlast.
- This notebook has an app that acts as a scanner for their dotted pages only. Also, you get a proper manual which lets you know how to scan, email or turn your handwritten notes into digital ones. Each and everything is explained properly and you wouldn’t find it tough to figure out. It is very user-friendly.
- The scanner app is really impressive. The picture quality is good enough and is actually better than a lot of other notebook scanners that we have tried before.
Pros. & Cons.
- Great app integration; seamless
- Amazing page quality
- Comes along with a microfiber cloth for erasing anything you want to
- Water resistant
- Microwaveable eraser
- The colors showcase vibrantly on the pages
- The scanner app is really impressive
- Easy to use
- The only thing that we didn’t really admire was that you need to wait for 15 seconds to start writing on the other page. It takes 15 seconds to dry the ink completely. But this is not a huge issue or drawback.
Elfinbook vs Rocketbook Everlast – Final Verdict
So what do you guys think? Which one is your pick amongst Elfinbook vs Rocketbook Everlast?
For us, the battle between Rocketbook vs Elfinbook has been ultimately won by Rocketbook Everlast. Also if you are using Rocketbook Wave, we would highly recommend you to switch to Rocketbook Everlast. It is better, smarter and efficient than the wave one.
Elfinbook is offering you almost everything that the Rocketbook Everlast is but its software is a little sluggish. Also the pen holder has been a huge downfall for them. At the same time, it is giving the same page quality as Rocketbook Everlast but is costing way more than it. So for all those who are looking for a smart notebook on a budget, we think that you should consider Rocketbook Everlast.
We have bought the most honest and clear analysis of Elfinbook vs Rocketbook Everlast for you all. The choice is yours to make now. Invest smartly and enjoying taking notes!
So, now what is the opinion of you guys? What will you pick amongst Elfinbook 2.0 vs Rocketbook Everlast?
Rocketbook vs Elfinbook is a very close competition, but with our in-depth research, we have come to the following conclusion:
We believe Rocketbook Everlast is the best smart notebook to buy if you want to take the notes in a traditional yet digital way. Every page of this smart notebook comes with scannable symbols that help you to configure anything using the app. It is a great choice and the design is super attractive too.