Avast comes up with the feature of providing autorenewal of subscription to have hassle-free security to all its consumers without worrying about the security of their devices. The software is considered to be the best in the market due to its promising features. However, its autorenewal policy is problematic when you no longer want to use it further. It deducts credit automatically, even if you do not wish to carry it along. There are some hacks and ways to cancel the Avast premium subscription that are discussed in the article below.
Cancel subscription through an Avast account
The first one is using the Avast Account. It is the easiest way to cancel the subscription at any moment. For this purpose, you need to follow the given steps.
- Go to the Avast Account by clicking on this link. https://my.avast.com/
- Insert your details and make sure to use the correct login id and password.
- Go to licenses and click on your licenses. (your license will be there in the column)
- Tap Auto-renewal license
- Click on the Cancel Auto-renewal button.
- Click on deactivate auto-renewal subscription, and you will receive the confirmation mail from the Avast.
By following these steps, you are successfully relieved from your problem. You no longer have to pay for the services that you are not using.
Deactivate Avast subscription is through Order Portal
Nexway and Digital river distribute the antivirus to customers, and its subscription can be called off through the order portal.
If you have ordered through the digital river, then you need to follow the following steps to deactivate the subscription.
- Open the digital river portal by clicking on this link. https://www.avast.com/find-order
- Insert your order number and password.
- If you do not remember your order number and password, you can check it in the previously received email at the time you purchased the antivirus.
- Open Manage subscription and go to the automatic renewal.
- Turn off the automatic renewal and hit the confirm pop up.
- An email will be received that you have successfully turned off the auto-renewal service.
If you have purchased your antivirus through Nexway, then the following are the steps that you need to follow to unsubscribe the feature of auto-renewal Avast subscription successfully.
- Open the confirmation mail that you received while making a purchase of the antivirus. There will be a link to change plans. Click on the link.
- The link will take you to the Nexway web portal.
- Insert your id and password as given in the confirmation mail and sign in.
- Click on overview and see your current subscription.
- There will be an option of change auto-renewal settings. Click on the option.
- In the section of billing details, there will be an option to disable the autorenewal at the bottom of the page.
- Click on disable.
- A pop-up will show up. Then you need to click on disable automatic renewal.
- You will get the confirmation email of successfully disabling the feature of auto-renewal.
Cancel subscription through the Avast customer portal.
You can also disable your subscription through the Avast customer portal. Follow the simple steps given below to terminate the subscription.
- Click on the following link, and you will be directed to the customer portal. https://www.avast.com/find-order
- Find your Order by providing id and password.
- Go to your subscriptions and click on unsubscribe.
- Click on option titles as “unsubscribe from future renewals and let the subscription expire on XX-XX-XXXX”.
- You will receive the email of successfully disabling the Avast subscription plan.
Commonly Asked Questions:
What If I had deleted the confirmation mail and did not know my password?
You need to click on forget password and enter your email address. You will get a new password.
What if my amount is deducted even if I canceled the subscription?
You can contact customer support and claim your amount. The claim can be made only after cancellation until 30 days.
What if there seems an error, and I do not know what to do?
You can always contact the support system of Avast, and they will guide you to the steps to follow.
What if I have multiple subscriptions of Avast.?
It does not matter how many subscriptions you have either through digital Portal or others. You need to follow the steps. For every subscription, you need to cancel the membership individually.
Can I resume my services if I want to resubscribe?
You can resume your services whenever you want by resubscribing the package.