Transcend Drivepro 200 vs 220 are two of the best dash cams that are accessible in the market at the moment for recording your travel videos. If you love traveling by road and stay on the go usually, then a dash cam can be one of your coolest investments.
After a detailed analysis of Drivepro 200 and the 220 model, we would surely recommend you to buy the Transcend Drivepro 220. It might be a little costly for everyone to reach out to but we would advise you to save up and get your hands on the perfect one for once and for all.
The transcend Drivepro 220 is not complicated at all. The list of extra features doesn’t make it tough to work with at all. It is not challenging in any way and is wonderful to take along with you on the road and record your traveling anytime. Also, the inbuilt GPS and Wi-Fi help you in sharing your photographs and videos right away with your friends and family.
However, if you don’t have a great budget and you are okay with not having GPS in your dash cam then you can pick the 200, from amongst the transcend Drivepro 200 vs 220. It does lack a lot of amazing features but if you are fine without them, then you can purchase the older version of Transcend Drivepro for sure.
In the end, between the war of Transcend Drivepro 220 vs 200, we highly recommend you to put your money in the Drivepro 220. It is worth your investment and you won’t regret it at all.
TRANSCEND DRIVEPRO 220
After our team held a detailed analysis and compared both transcend Drivepro 200 vs 220, we actually fell in love with the transcend Drivepro 220. There are several reasons why it is our ultimate choice to make:
- Transcend Drivepro 220 comes with Wi-Fi which brings along amazing connectivity. You can easily connect it with its app and download your recordings. This makes it easier to get your recordings in your phone and share them with your friends and family, while you are on the go. Transcend 200 does not have a Wi-Fi option which has made it fall behind in the race after the release of Drivepro 220.
- Also, when comparing Drivepro 200 vs 220, we see that transcend 220 has more extras in it. For instance, we get a lane departure warning. You also get a forward collision alert in this dash cam.
- Transcend Drivepro 220 has an outstandingly spectacular footage quality. It easily outranks its rivals in quality of videos and that makes it the best choice to make and invest in, without any worries. Whether you record during the day or night, the footage quality remains impeccable at any time of the hour.
After a detailed and in-depth analysis of Drivepro 200 vs 220, we have fallen in love with the Drivepro 220 and it is our ultimate choice to make. We would highly recommend this to everyone who is looking for the most impeccable dash cam.
- 130-degree wide-angle lens
- 3 megapixel CMOS for low light sensitivity
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Built-in GPS
- Android and IOS Apps
- Can take still photographs
- 2-year warranty
- Lane departure warning
- Forward Collison warning
- Speed Alarm
- Parking Mode
- Emergency Recording
What’s inside the box?
- HD Camera
- Suction cup window mount
- Socket power cord
- 16 GB Transcend SD Card
Pros. & Cons.
- Easy to set up
- Great and high-quality footage
- 2-year warranty
- Extra features
- Free apps
- App compatibility
- IOS and Android compatibility
- Comes with GPS
- A little pricey
Why is it the perfect Dash Cam?
Comparison of Transcend Drivepro 200 vs 220, makes us sure of the fact that the Drivepro 220 is the perfect dash cam to invest in. yes, it is a little pricey but it is going to last longer and provide you with better quality and features than the Drivepro 200. Here is why it is the ultimate choice to make:
- When we compared the list of features of Drivepro 200 vs 220, we thought that 220 was going to be very complicated. It has so many extra features that anyone would think that it is harder to manage. However, it is not! The best part about this Drivepro dash cam is that it is very easy to setup and use. The manual is so simple and has all the details mentioned within it. You just have to read through it and you can figure out everything within no time.
- The video footage quality is impeccable. Whether on full screen or not, the Drivepro 220 is not going to disappoint you with its amazing HD quality. You can clearly see a difference in transcend Drivepro 200 vs 220 footage quality. The Drivepro 200 gets grainy on full screen but this one does not. Also, it works great whether it is day time or night time; you will be completely satisfied with the quality.
- The still photos are also wonderful. With the help of the inbuilt GPS the dash cam coordinates the date, time and speed on its own. We again see that between Drivepro 200 vs 220, the 200 lacks a GPS which is a downfall for it.
Transcend Drivepro 200
Transcend Drivepro 200 has been an innovation that came into existence before the Drivepro 220 and it is quite obvious that this one has fallen back in the race. This is why it is our 2nd best choice to make.
Why is it not the best?
While analyzing transcend Drivepro 200 vs 220, we come to realize that transcend 200 lacks a lot of features. Here is why it is not our ultimate choice:
- First of all, it lacks good connectivity features. It does not have GPS. It might not be a huge issue for a lot of people out there but for someone who stays on the road a lot, this can be a huge letdown.
- If we compare transcend Drivepro 220 vs 200, we see that the quality of the footage is better in the Drivepro 220. If you view the video on the full screen, in Drivepro 200, it gets super grainy. This does not happen in the 220.
- It is bigger than a lot of its rivals. This can be very annoying for some people because it is a dashcam and the smaller and lighter it is, the better it would be.
- Another huge let down is the battery. There is simply no mention of the battery replacement or how it would be done. The manual doesn’t say anything about it either. Also, there is certainly no easy way out of it too. You would have to take it to retail to figure it out.
- Also, the audio of the Drivepro 200 is another letdown. Comparing transcend Drivepro 220 vs 200, you will see a very sharp and visible difference in the audios. The Drivepro 200 lacks treble and has a fairly low audio quality.
Why is it still a good choice to make?
We still like transcend Drivepro 200 because it was initially there before the 220 came into existence. There are some obvious things that it lacks and the Drivepro 220 has them now but there are still a lot of reasons why this is a good choice to make still!
- It is easy to use. The user interface is pretty simple and the manual or guide will help you figure out everything that you want to know about the dash cam and how to use it. Ease of use is a huge factor which makes a device good or bad and Transcend Drivepro 200 is a win in this situation.
- Also, if you compare the prices of Transcend Drivepro 200 vs 220, then you will find out that the Drivepro 200 is an affordable pick to make. If you are looking for a dash-cam within a reasonable budget then you would probably want to make this one your pick.
- It records the video nicely. If you don’t have to use it on full screen, then you would be fairly happy with the quality too. However, it does get grainy on full screen.
- HD 1080p recording
- 160 view viewing angle
- 2.4 inch color LCD Screen
- Motion G Sensor
- 7 Glass Lenses
- 16 GB micro SDHC Class 10 memory card
Pros. & Cons.
- Easy to use
- Simple and quick to set up
- Wi-Fi availability
- Good video recording
- Lacks GPS
- The video gets grainy on full screen
- Bigger and heavier
- No battery replacement instructions
- Low-quality audio
- Lacks treble
Who is this for?
Transcend Drivepro 200 is good for people who are looking for a dash cam, at an affordable price. If you don’t have a lot of budgets then you would definitely prefer this one over the Drivepro 220. Also, it is good for people who are fine with having no GPS as a lot of people prefer GPS over Wi-Fi.
After testing and researching both of these dash cameras, we came down to the following conclusion that the Transcend Drivepro 220 has certainly replaced transcend 200.
It is a better pick to make and a wonderful dash cam that you won’t regret investing in.