With this new era, cooking outdoors has become smarter too. No more un-convenient packing of wood for burning, when you can have a smart and best wood burning backpacking stove. Like the electric fireplaces, smart stoves are taking their place in the outdoor world.
In this post, we present before you the two best wood burning backpacking stoves. We came up with the following conclusion after 2 weeks of constant research on finding the best backpacking wood stoves. BioLite CampStove 2 is on the best backpacking wood stove.
Why it’s the best?
- It generates 3 watts of electricity.
- Its battery is able to store in excess power.
- It has a USB charge output which has 50% more power compared to previous CampStove 1.
- It provides you with a kettle pot which stores 1.5 liters of water.
Read more about this product in detail below.
BioLite CampStove 2 Wood Burning and USB Charging Bundle (Our 1st Choice)
This is our first choice and we love this burning stove because of its outstanding features. Below, is the detailed information regarding it.
Why do we like it?
This Campstove is capable of generating 3 watts of electricity which can be used through USB charging port to charge your mobile phones, LED lights or other devices.
Its internal battery 2600 mAh is rechargeable and is able to store in excess power to charge your devices even if there is no fire.
Campstove 2 model is more advanced than Campstove 1 model with 50% more power in its USB charge output, updated thermoelectrics which provide more electricity from the fire, internal jets providing 4 advanced fan speed settings which help you boil 1 liter of water in 4.5 minutes.
Along with this, the best part is they provide you with a portable grill, which makes the Campstove a grilling surface on which at least 4 burgers or six hot dogs can be made.
Likewise, you get a kettle pot along with this which looks like a pot but pours water like a kettle. It can hold up to 1.5 liters of water.
Who is this for?
If you’re up for camping with friends or planning to go out for a picnic with family, this product is the best wood burning backpacking stove to carry along. BioLite Campstove 2 provides you with a portable grill on which you may grill burgers or hotdogs to enjoy good food. It provides you with a kettle pot that can store 1.5 liters of water and which can be used as a kettle to pour it out too. Also, when the stove is lit, you may charge your devices through its USB charge output and if it’s not lit, you still may do so because of its rechargeable battery which is able to store excess power to charge your devices without fire.
Pros. & Cons.
- It has a rechargeable battery that is capable of storing excess power to charge your devices even without the presence of fire.
- Updated thermoelectrics which provides more electricity from the fire.
- LED dashboard which gives you timely feedback on the fire strength.
- Internal jets have 4 fan speed settings that help circulate and regulate air in order to boil 1 liter of water in 4.5 minutes.
- It provides you with a portable grill.
- It also provides you with a kettle pot which can store 1.5 liters of water and pour it out like a kettle.
- The portable grill and the kettle pot increase the weight as a carrying case for the Biolite Campstove.
- It is slightly an expensive item compared to the previous model.
BioLite CampStove 1 Wood Burning and USB Charging (Our 2nd Choice)
We also researched and tested and eventually chose Biolite CampStove 1 as our best budget wood burning stove. So, you may have two options to choose from according to your budget and needs.
BioLite CampStove 1 is 2nd on our list.
Why is it 2nd on our list?
The reasons why we are rating this product as the second best backpacking wood stove are as follows:
- It does not provide you with fan speed settings.
- It does not include any portable grill.
- It does not have an internal battery that can store excess power to charge devices.
However, it is still one of the best backpacking wood stove. It is pretty lightweight, weighing about 2 pounds which makes it the best lightweight backpacking stove. This means that it is easy to carry around anywhere and everywhere. It includes an internal battery starter which helps to start up the wood fire even before the stove starts generating its own power. Also, when it’s fully lit, it might as well boil about 1 liter of water in around 4.5 minutes.
This BioLite CampStove is our second best option which also provides you with great service. If not the first choice, you should definitely avail the second choice. Let’s discuss this product in detail.
Who is this for?
CampStove 1 is the 2nd best lightweight backpacking stove which weighs about 2 pounds that means it is easy to carry around anywhere by anyone, young or old. It not only is lightweight but is of a reasonable budget so you have an option to choose from these two best burning stoves according to your needs and budget. It helps you charge most USB chargeable devices. It is a great product to carry along if you’re planning out a camping trip.
Why do we like it?
This product is the best budget wood burning stove having a very reasonable price. It helps your charge most USB chargeable devices like your smartphones. If you charge your phone for about 20 minutes on this, with a strong fire, you may get about 60 minutes of talk time on your phone. Also, when the stove is on a full burn, it is able to boil 1 liter of water in about 4.5 minutes. Its internal battery helps to start the wood fire even before the stove begins generating its own power.
Pros. & Cons.
- It weighs about 2 pounds.
- It helps you charge your USB chargeable devices when the stove is on a full burn.
- Its internal battery helps to start the wood fire.
- On a full burn, the stove is able to boil 1 liter of water in 4.5 minutes.
- It does not provide you with a kettle pot for storing water.
- It does not provide you with a portable grill.
- It does not have any additional fan speed settings.
A detailed burning stove comparison has been carried out for you to carefully decide which one is the best for you among these two best backpacking wood stove.
If you want to buy a Campstove that is highly efficient and provides you with additional items and services and is also able to charge most of your devices while having a big budget then top quality BioLite CampStove 2 Wood Burning and USB Charging Bundle, is the best choice to make.
However, if you have a smaller budget and want the best budget wood burning stove which is also very lightweight and easy to carry around, then, BioLite CampStove 1 Wood Burning and USB Charging Camping Stove (Original Model), is the second-best choice you may make.