So what’s it’s like dating an engineer? You know when you grow up, you look for a person to date who is committed to their studies and work besides giving equal importance to their relationship. Because ultimately, seeing your partner earning a handsome amount of money gives you a sense of satisfaction. You feel secured for your lifetime and plan for making all your dreams come true that you watched alone, along with your partner. No doubt an engineer can prove as the right partner in such a situation.
Not only they possess creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills but also, they are stress-resistant and reluctant to being affected by hardships. They remain calm in the face of life’s pitfalls and emotional rollercoaster events. They can help you while you are going through hard times which is the principal trait that you look in your partner.
However, being humans, they all possess some negative characteristics. Although you are important to them still, they are way behind in showing their emotions and love for you because they are logical. They might not give you the amount of time that you want from them due to their busy and hectic schedule.
Engineers usually share some common traits in their personality. These can either be positive or negative. Most of these are:
In your life, you would have observed that the children who seek interest in disassembling and understanding the machinery that works behind the toys usually turn out to become engineers in the future. They usually search for questions like why and how things work as they do. They search for the solutions of making the complex things as simpler, efficient and less expensive as possible.
Critical thinking is what makes the engineers distinct and unique in their personalities. They do not rely only on what they are taught rather, they love to think critically for every problem that they encounter. They are capable of making the right decisions on the right spot. They cleverly handle all the technical, administrative, policy, and interpersonal communication challenges that arise within a day’s work or a project’s timeline.
When you hear the word “Engineering”, the first thing that comes in your mind is “Creativity”. Engineers always think out of the box. They resolve every technical issue with his ingenuity, shrewdness, and resourcefulness.
Despite these positive attributes, you would see that engineers also do possess some negative traits as well such as:
Ignorant of healthy lifestyle and relationship
Because of the mechanical lifestyle, engineers usually suffer from poor health. The excessive overload of work makes them ignorant of making a proper timetable for their daily routine. This tends to hurt their life partner or whom they are dating because their busy schedule makes them feel unwanted. The spare time that they usually require is sometimes spent in calls from their offices for resolving an urgent issue.
You would find some engineers to be inflexible. This is because they usually are logical in their thoughts. They use their gut instinct instead of being emotional. This makes them inflexible towards the opinions of others and can sometimes, prove as non-handling of the issues which could easily be resolved using their sentiments.
What to expect when dating an engineer?
After knowing some personality traits of an engineer, are you still inclined to date them? Do you think that together you would make a wonderful couple? Here are some points that you need to keep in mind while going out for dating an engineer:
- Engineers usually lead a lonely life. Because of the pressure of solving technical problems every time, they usually find less time to hang out with their friends and life partners.
- They are introvert. They do not open-up easily and rather keep their feelings inside their heart. This can hurt their date or life partners, especially who like to share everything and want to know what’s going on their life and what they think and feel.
- They are not formal when it comes to their dress-up style. They simply like to wear casual dresses such as shirts and jeans.
- They tend to work hard. Expect them to put in long hours leaving little time for home life.
- In general, engineers usually love to listen to rock music which is not always in every case.
- Don’t poke your nose in especially when they are busy doing some important task e.g. coding. You would regret it!
- They usually do not have time for you during the weekend because they are somehow indulged in solving the issues related to statistics, physics or thermodynamics homework. But this can be much satisfying for you. At least, you are satisfied that they are not cheating on you! They are completely messed-up having no time to date any other person rather than you.
- They are practical. They love to get the things fixed-up by using their own hands. So, if you require a plumber, gardener, or technician; an engineer with multi-skills is there for you.
- Don’t expect them to plan the dates. Their busy schedule can even make them forget the dates that they had planned with you. This would certainly make you disappointed but you need to get used to it for sustaining your long relationship.
- They are meticulous. You need to provide the complete details either your topic is related to studies or practical life. Because they are always curious about seeking out the solution to every problem.
You know you’re dating an engineer boyfriend when:
Dating an engineer can prove as a strange experience for you because their interests, concerns, and method of settling the issues sometimes cause you an agape wonder. Similarly, when you date an engineer, you unconsciously observe some changes that come in your life. Some of these can be:
- You no more think of your life harder. You become thankful for leading an easy-going life because an engineer’s life is much harder than yours. They have to think critically regarding every issue that they encounter.
- Dating an engineer can increase your interest in knowing about other engineering fields such as biomedical, chemical, industrial and many more which did not know about before.
- About 98% of the time, you don’t understand his jargon. His mumbo jumbo makes you perplexed and bewildered and you cannot do anything about it.
- You feel like the oddball out when he talks to his engineering friends regarding some technical issues.
- When they make an engineering joke, you have to laugh as if you understood which in reality you didn’t.
- You have to keep your patience all-time high especially when he is solving an engineering problem.
- You will find him on the call even at 2 A.M because he is awake and already busy studying. You realize that the guy you are dating is a stud, but you still love him.
- You will always have a pencil when you need it. Just look behind his ear.
- The conflict resolutions between you and him will be approached calmly and logically.
Some tips for dating an engineer
Dating an engineer is not an easy job especially when you are not an analytical person. You have to put double efforts for understanding him and make the most out of your relationship. Here are a few tips which can be kept in mind while you go out for a date with your engineer partner:
- You’re out of the blue plans that might be causing your boyfriend to go in-depth for understanding them because they have a habit of analyzing every matter. They do not just accept what they are told rather they try to analyze the situation and come up with their decision. Therefore, you need to get prepared for encountering such a situation.
- An engineer is always passionate about his work. So, you need to be patient while they discuss every minor detail of their work even if you don’t get anything of it. You may hurt them while making them feel that you are not interested in their topic which eventually may affect your relationship.
- Your engineer partner loves to fix the things up themselves. If something is broken and they offer you for fixing them, don’t stop them. Even if they don’t offer, you should ask them for doing so because they are enthusiastic about resolving the technical issues.
- Engineers are usually straight-forward and hate to decode the hints that are thrown to them. They don’t like beating about the bush. Thus, what you think and want should be known to them in a very simple and easy language. This would give them the courage to share their concerns with you in the same manner which is indeed important for a healthy relationship.
- Being indulged in the big projects for longer durations certainly makes your partner worn-out and enervated. Thus, in this situation, you need to understand their tedious routine. You can help them get recharged by preparing their favorite dish. You should not expect them to do dishes and laundry with you.
- You should dress-up as they want you to. This would create a sense of specialness in their heart for you.
Reasons to date an engineer
Here are the reasons why you should date an engineer according to our research:
They make great life partners
Engineers being extremely logical and practical, help in sustaining the relationship for a long time by ensuring that the home life is stable and organized. From making great use of excel spreadsheets for your finances to booking a dream holiday, you can count on them to get it all sorted out.
They never say “Never”
Engineers love to find out the solution for every technical problem. You will not hear the word “Never” from them for sorting out a solution for any issue.
They always learn
You will find the real engineers to always learn from their mistakes. They are in a continuous process of learning because technical issues have no end. They love to explore the solutions for such problems.
They always research
Before buying anything within the budget, they usually research. This will save you from wasting money and time on the wrong purchase.
They can pack many things easily
Whether it’s the boot of your car or a dishwasher, engineers will help you out in sparing the maximum space while packing these items.
What is a witty romantic question to ask an engineer on a dating site?
Well, engineers possess candid and straight from the shoulder nature. They like to express what’s inside their heart. They usually fail to make-up and pose in front of their partner which they aren’t. Therefore, you can take advantage of your engineer partner’s nature on your first date. You can certainly ask the questions related to your relationship that can remove your concerns for a sustaining long-time relationship. One of them can be if they love you more than their work? Because engineers can never think of putting their work behind anything. Solving analytical questions is their major passion. They love to utilize their analytical skills even if the problem is not their major. Certainly, asking this question at such a moment will surprise them. They might not be able to answer you at the moment because the only thing that they had been surviving with till now, was their engineering field and its applications. This way you can make your date exciting and
Dating engineer pros and cons
If you are considering to date an engineer, you would feel that there are some pros and cons to it. After long research, we came up with the following points regarding both categories:
Pros of dating an engineer
- You would find an engineer to be well-mannered and very ethical. He would often care for your modesty and respectably talk to you.
- After going through a tough time, they can resolve the relationship conflicts in a very logical and calm manner. They think for the solutions rather than focusing on the problems.
- You can fix any issue through your engineer partner while sitting at home because they love to fix things up with their hands such as lawnmower, washer & dryer, arranging your home theatre system, etc.
- They are very logical and disciplined. They can plan things like a new landline contract, book a holiday or file your taxes in a managerial manner.
- You will get another benefit in the way that dating an engineer usually gets parental approval with ease.
- Engineers enjoy a handsome salary for their mental abilities. They bring solutions for the technical problems professionally in a very limited time.
- Engineers are not fashioning concerned. They tend to wear casual dress usually when going outside. Similarly, they don’t expect you to wear expensive and heavy dresses as well. This is desirable by the partner who cannot afford or usually like to dress up simply.
- Engineers are pretty experienced when it comes to some forms of gambling. Because mathematics comes second nature to them, they can quickly calculate odds.
- They love to face challenging tasks. They make it a matter of life and death when it comes to thinking critically for solving some problems. They thrive on tackling them.
- Dating an engineer can be pretty cheap as they feel as comfortable chilling with a beer as they do at any fancy restaurant.
Cons of dating an engineer
Similarly, you can list down some cons of dating an engineer. Some of these can be:
If you are sentimental and love to express and be expressed the love of your partner, you may perhaps become disheartened. Because engineers usually tend to be logical. They are unemotional and like to handle things with their mind instead of using their emotions. This is indeed a drawback of dating an engineer especially when it comes to resolving some issues which do not require any thoughts; rather, you have to be sentimental for that.
When an engineer is solving a mathematical or engineering problem, you tend not to disturb them because they can get hyper and may hurt you with their harsh words.
They are curious about minute details. You have to provide them every detail regarding an issue for the sake of their satisfaction which sometimes gets irritative.
Engineers tend to be pretty frugal. They do not like wasting money over buying useless items unless they are some gadgets or cool stuff.
They are usually busy with their routine. They may not pick up your call while they are doing their job. Because when they work, they are absorbed in it.
Why engineers are mostly single?
Engineers are usually known as introverted and reticent sort of persons who wouldn’t say boo to a goose. They often like to be lonely and are indulged in their own life. They don’t have extra time for drama as their busy schedule doesn’t allow them. They are single because their analytical and task-oriented minds keep them from getting into a relationship. You would observe some common reasons for most of the engineers being single such as
- They are usually busy in building or repairing the machines which require a lot of time and effort and most of the people do not have stamina for this. They find it technical as well as boring. Hats off to engineers for this courage! They truly deserve to be appreciated for sacrificing their life for humanity instead of focusing on their private life.
- They are more concerned for their career. They want to get promoted and save money for future. They don’t rush to date their partner unless they are sure about their feelings. They are rational and logical. They usually tend to take time for choosing a right partner for themselves.
- They love taking risks. They don’t like to lead a simple monotonous kind of life and do what others think and say to them. Instead they love doing adventures. They love showing off their impressive skills and enjoy being weird and cocky to others.
- If you are looking for a partner who could cook for you while you are sick but opt to date an engineer, Then sorry! You are on the wrong track because they usually cannot cook a good meal because their mind is trained for watching out technical issues in modern cooking utensils rather than what’s cooked inside them.
- Instead of being spontaneous and exciting, they tend to jot down everything for taking a right decision. You can think of this as a smart practice to do your taxes and manage your checkbook, it usually isn’t the best in the dating realms.
Why Engineers are best to date?
Engineers are no doubt the best to date. From having a logical approach towards life to a well-paying infallible job, there are hundreds of reasons why you should prefer an engineer to date. To make up your mind, we have decided to share the following reasons to date an engineer.
They are cool minded
Engineers are not hyperactive. They are very cool sort of persons. They will listen to you and your problems and then come up with the solution that you would never have thought of, because they don’t think from their heart but from their mind. Their education has trained them to take every problem as a challenge without losing temperament. Thus, they know that most of the problems in relationships are caused when you are over emotional. When you focus more on the misunderstandings instead of sorting out the reasons behind them and the solutions that could deter them.
They are multitaskers
You would find engineers as a teacher, plumber, technician, electrician at a time besides their major field specialty. This is because they love to fix everything up at home. So, for the next time, you don’t need to call anyone instead your engineer partner is there to fix the things up for you.
You can make late night calls to them
Getting depressed in life has no time. At one time, you will be excited and feeling overwhelmed and the very next moment you may feel down casted. Now, you don’t need to worry! Your engineer is there to listen to you. Their long projects and assignments have trained them to stay up for late night hours. You can pour your heart out to them through phone calls for hours at night and they will listen to you without getting sleepy.
They can do your taxes
Next time when you are in trouble and can’t do long calculations for your taxes, your engineer can handle all this mess. The technical subjects of mathematics, calculus, statistics have trained them enough to do long calculations in a very brief time.
They are good at gambling
If you love casino but always lose due to adopting poor strategy in gambling, we suggest you should choose an engineer as your dating partner and keep him with you while you play. They are good at calculating odds and statistics with a breeze. You are surely going to win for the next time.
They face big challenges
Engineers are good at facing challenges. They are habitual of handling the projects and timelines. They don’t get panic when they get a very short time for completing the big tasks. This make them stress resistant and even smarter. You are going to be lucky if you have an engineer partner. You will expert in handling all the tough tasks or getting your tasks done by your partner if you have an engineer in your life.
They like simplicity
You don’t need to wear heavy makeup and dress while going out to date him. Engineers are simply manageable. You can even make him happier by offering him a cup of tea at your home. Your date also doesn’t need to be fancy. He is happy with what you are and what you have and that’s it.
Why are engineers hard to date, sometimes?
Is dating an engineer worth trying? Will there be some compatibility between you and him? Will they understand you the way you want them to? All these questions come in the mind of a person who has never had a date with an engineer. There are some uncertainties that come in your mind, but you are not sure about them. So, here are some reasons that you would certainly like to know for engineers being so hard to date.
They are concerned about their public reputation
Engineers like to be professional. They don’t like to hangout in untidy clothes because they have to maintain their reputation in public. They don’t chill as the other people do in public places. Thus, you also need to behave formal and wear the dress that don’t make them ashamed in front of their colleagues.
They are dedicated to their work
You will find your engineer to be so dedicated to his work that he even forgets the plan you together made for a date. Even if you are dating, you will notice him looking at his phone all the time for a call or message from his boss or his client. This is the reason why most of the engineers prefer to get married before or during their graduation because they can’t take out time for extra hangouts and late-night dinners.
They have little time
At first, they would simply say you a big “No” if you ask him for a date. Even if he agrees for a date, you will notice him of talking more to their clients than you. Their time is all about making their clients satisfied because they are honest to their jobs.
They have a busy schedule:
This can be the one of the biggest hurdles to dating engineers, as they typically work for 50 to 60 hours a week, unless they are the head of a company or work for a company that doesn’t require such a long commitment. Instead, you are required to be flexible with him and be available in his free time.
Some tips for long relationship
Thus, if you need a healthy long relationship after all these compulsions, you certainly need to make some compromises with your engineer partner. Here are some tips that could help you dating your soulmate
- Both of you should decide time and day for going out for a date. Mostly, weekends are preferable, and daytime could be ideal.
- Place of date should be near to his home. This would provide him convenience even if he gets a sudden call from his office.
- If your relationship is at some serious point, you both need to put your work aside and go for a vacation. This would boost your relation.
- Finally, understand one another! Share your concerns with your partner if you feel uncomfortable for some reasons.
Qualities of an engineer that will make you date them
When you look for dating someone, you certainly search for some qualities in your partner that make them distinct from others. You think of your partner as the person who is only made for you and you are made for them. Such feelings make you feel special and you feel yourself even above the sky. Engineers also possess some qualities which you should know so that you can think of them as your dating partner.
They are organized
Engineers are so particular about their things. They like to have easy access, up-to-date technology, working solutions, and organization in their world. They become more productive when you respect their ways. They will make you learn the true meaning of being organized once you start dating them.
They tackle high pressure and stressful situations effectively
Engineers are used to encounter the pressure that is caused by the overload of long projects. They do not get panic instead settle all the issues in a very professional and smart way. This is what you need in your partner because one of the partners always needs to be cool in uncertain situations. This is what makes your life easier, stress free and long lasting.
They absorb information very quickly
Certainly, you want your partner to remember your special days, either its your birthday, your first date or your promotion and engineers are too good in absorbing all the information. Going in depth for sorting out the technical issues makes their memory sharp. They would make you feel special on and off which is romantic and fun element in your relationship.
They are committed
Once engineers put their mind to something, they don’t back off. They dedicate the whole out of themselves for that single thing. Hence, when you get succeeded in winning his heart, you will find them totally committed to their relationship. They will sacrifice everything for making this relationship strong and everlasting.
They like to plan for future
Engineers always tend to make future plans; either it is dinner, lunch or hangouts they always plan accordingly and shift their busy schedule accordingly. This will at least give you a sense of feeling that your future is not in unsafe hands.
They have creative mind
Engineers always think out of the box. They plan for something creative every time. Thus, it’s going to be really exciting dating an engineer because they will make you entertain with their exciting and thrilling new ideas that is going to add value to your relationship.
They are good teachers
They can convey the message behind complicated problems in the simplest way. They richly know both the importance and triviality of anything. This can be observed in case of relationships too. They will sort out everything with you in a brief and precise manner without complicating the things. You are going to weight off a whole lot of burden from your shoulders while you date such a personality.
They are honest and humble
They work in environments that require a lot of trials and errors. They are required to come up with different strategy each time. This shows their commitment and honesty towards their job. They apply the same rule towards their relationship. Once you get annoyed with your partner, you will notice that they will try to appease you through sweet-talk and bringing you different gifts.
They try to take initiative
Engineers are always ready for taking initiative. They don’t wait for someone else to accomplish their needs; rather, they rush to do everything themselves. They love to fix the broken parts or machinery without any delay. You are surely going to be lucky enough to have an engineer as your life partner because they are not going to leave anything unfixed at your home.
Hence, it’s worthwhile to date an engineer for his so many qualities which you won’t perhaps found in any other professional; the qualities which overcome their shortcomings ultimately. Especially, if your nature is different from your soulmate, your bonding becomes even stronger.
Dating an engineer may prove a wonderful experience especially when you do not have analytical abilities and high patience. You will learn, explore and get technical skills while dating your partner besides bearing some of their irritating habits that may cause you anger and you feel bitter.
But that ultimately would help you in making you mature enough to accommodate in an unreliable and unfavorable situation.