High cholesterol is one of the reasons for all kinds of heart diseases and heart attacks. Medicines can help you recover your cholesterol level; however, it is very important to make changes in your lifestyle to avoid these illnesses.
If you are looking for fitness products, then check out the website of Diet Direct. Diet Direct coupons can get you amazing fitness products at a very less price.
Let us discuss some tips on how you can avoid and control bad cholesterol:-
- Eat foods that are healthy for your heart
Some minute changes in your daily diet can decrease cholesterol level and improve the heart:
- Decrease the intake of saturated fats. Saturated fats are found in full-fat dairy products and red meat. These can raise the cholesterol level at a fast pace. Reducing the consumption of saturated fats can decrease the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol or the “bad” cholesterol.
- Eradicate all trans fats from your life. Trans fats, are often labeled as partially hydrogenated vegetable oil and can be found in food items like margarines, cookies, and cakes. Trans fats increase the overall cholesterol level of one’s body. So, before buying a product make sure that you read the labels.
- Increase the intake of soluble fibers. Soluble fibers have the property of reducing the absorption of cholesterol into a person’s bloodstream. This type of fiber is found in foods like oatmeal, sprouts, apples, kidney beans, and pears.
- Add whey protein in your diet. Whey protein, is primarily found in dairy products. Researches have proven that whey protein when taken as a supplement helps in lowering low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, total cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Exercise and physical activity is the key to control bad cholesterol level
Exercise helps in improving the cholesterol level. For raising the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol or good cholesterol it is important to do moderate physical activities. With your doctor’s advice, workout for at least 30 to 60 minutes five times a week or go for vigorous aerobic activities for 30 minutes thrice a week.
Incorporating moderate physical activities, even in short interludes several times a day, helps to lose weight for example:
- Take a brisk walk daily after your lunch
- Ride a bike to work
- Play your favorite sport
- If not anything, then simply play your favorite music and dance
To stay motivated, it is better to join a gym, dance or yoga class.
- Quit smoking
Leave smoking to improve the HDL cholesterol level.
- Within 20 to 30 minutes of quitting smoking, a person’s heart rate and blood pressure recover from the deadly cigarette-induced spikes.
- Within three to four months of quitting smoking, a person’s lung function and blood circulation begins to progress.
- Within a span of 1 year of quitting smoking, the risk of heart ailments reduces by half for a chain smoker.
- Lose those extra inches
Carrying extra pounds can contribute to high cholesterol level. If you love sugary beverages, then it is time to switch to simple tap water. Snack on healthy food like protein bar, air fried popcorn and keep a watch on the calorie intake. Try to incorporate more ways to keep your daily life physically active such as instead of using a lift go by the stairs. Take walks.
- Drink alcohol in moderation
If you love to drink alcohol, have it in moderation. It has been found that moderate intake of alcohol helps in increasing the HDL cholesterol. However, the advantages are not that strong enough to recommend alcohol to anyone and at any age. Excessive alcohol intake however can lead to serious problems such as heart failure, high blood pressure, liver failure and strokes.
These are some of the tips that you can incorporate in your daily life to lower bad cholesterol levels. However, before taking any step, it is always recommended to take an advice of a well-known physician.
If you want to buy healthy products that will help you stay in shape and avoid increasing the bad cholesterol level, however you have a tight budget. Then check out the coupon website of Don’tPayAll and enjoy the benefits of using coupons from this website.